New York City Office
We are currently offering an internship for the Fall 2017 semester in our New York City Construction Management Practice Group.
Interns will be expected to commit to work on a part time basis (15-20 hours/week) during the Fall semester. This is a paid internship.
- Interns will assist project managers with general project management tasks such as:
- Developing and monitoring project schedules using Microsoft Project
- Assisting Project Managers during the construction process
- Preparing memos and presentation materials
- Attending project meetings and preparing meeting minutes
- Reviewing construction documents including plans and specifications for assigned projects
- Performing site visits
- Managing punchlist process including coordination with the Architect, Construction Manager, Asset Manager, and Property Manager
- Managing FF&E budget, procurement, delivery, and installation on the site
- Acting as a liaison between site activity and the Development team
- Review and coordination of close out documents including O&Ms, as-builts, warranties, etc.
- The ideal candidate should demonstrate strong leadership and entrepreneurial skills, and be able to work in a team-oriented environment. Candidates should have strong organizational, analytical, verbal and written communication skills.
- Education or experience in the discipline of construction management or engineering is required, and may include one or more of the following: Design, estimating/budgeting, construction management, site inspections, and QA/QC of work in place, punchlist, and project close-out.
- It is preferable that all candidates should have a good understanding of the design and construction process. Candidates are expected to have excellent skills in standard computer software programs, including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project.
Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications. Excellent benefits provided.
Jonathan Rose Companies has a deep commitment to diversity. We are an equal opportunity employer. Company policy prohibits discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, marital status, familial status, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status. We support and promote equal employment opportunity, human dignity, and racial, ethnic, and cultural diversity by taking positive steps to eliminate barriers that may exist in hiring and in employment practices.
How to Apply
Send your résumé by email
Please write “ Fall Internship 2017 – Construction Management” in the email subject header.
Name your cover letter “last name_first name CL Fall 2017” and your resume “last name_first name Resume 2017”
We can only accept resumes in .docx or .pdf formats. You may also include a cover letter describing why you desire the position (optional, not required).
No phone calls please.