Project Accountant Associate
New York City Office
We are seeking an individual with a positive attitude, strong work ethic and good interpersonal skills for a Project Accountant Associate position. This position will report to the Senior Manager of Development Accounting.
- Process development/construction accounts payable including review invoices, confirming all invoices are in compliance with contracts, invoice coding, enter approved invoices and process check run
- Coordinate with vendors, contractors and consultants regarding invoice questions, backups and payments
- Maintain AIA contract schedule of value, progress payment schedule and change order log
- Collect and maintain lien waiver log and track vendors certificate of insurance
- Prepare cost allocations for multi-phase projects
- Assist with client reimbursable, chargeback and record funding received
- Assist with project monthly bank requisitions to be submitted to lenders and partners
- Reconcile job cost to the general ledger and intercompany accounts
- Assist with new vendor request, set up approved contract in the accounting system, year end 1099’s
- Assist accounting staff and controller in other areas of accounting and special projects as needed
- Assist with other financial accounting responsibilities as needed.
- Strong understanding of standard accounting principles, interest in accounting and real estate
- Attention to detail, strong analytical skill and with problem-solving approach
- Ability to prioritize work and to perform multiple tasks at the same time
- BS in Accounting
- Excellent accounting and financial skills
- 2 years of work experience preferred, construction, project or real estate experience preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent technology skills (Excel, etc.) are required
- Knowledge of Yardi Voyager, including Job Costing, preferred.
Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications. Excellent benefits provided.
Jonathan Rose Companies has a deep commitment to diversity. We are an equal opportunity employer. Company policy prohibits discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, marital status, familial status, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status. We support and promote equal employment opportunity, human dignity, and racial, ethnic, and cultural diversity by taking positive steps to eliminate barriers that may exist in hiring and in employment practices.
How to Apply
Send your résumé by email, or fax to (917) 542-3601
Please include the position title in the subject line.
We can only accept resumes in .docx or .pdf formats. You may also include a cover letter describing why you desire the position (optional, not required).
No phone calls please.