Senior Development Manager
New York City Office
We are seeking a Senior Project Manager with substantial experience to work within the Development Practice Group. This position will report directly to the Managing Director, Development with additional reporting to the Chief Operating Officer and President as needed. We develop affordable, mixed-income and market-rate housing, generally intended for our long-term ownership. Many of our projects are high-profile with significant local and regional impact.
- Thoroughly understand Jonathan Rose Companies and its history, mission, programs, finances, and its partners, affiliates and other stakeholders.
- Know and understand all facets of the Development Group 's existing market-rate and affordable housing projects; manage project managers and projects so that they are completed on time and on budget and in accordance with the Jonathan Rose Companies' guiding set of principle s; suggest staffing or other operational adjustments as needed.
- Manage and coordinate the design, development and finance related work of multi-disciplinary teams of consultants during pre-development and construction.
- Analyze project financial feasibility and evaluate ongoing project financial performance, including the development and maintenance of complex multi-phase proformas and budgets. Deal structures may include affordable, market-rate, or commercial components and rely on both public and private sources, so the ability to research and test different financing strategies is key.
- Provide technical assistance regarding various local, state and national affordable housing programs, including low-income housing tax credits and bond financing. Preparation of appropriate applications for funding resources.
- On one or more real estate development projects -oversee all financing, leasing, partnership negotiations, architecture, construction contract s and all other legal aspects.
- Inspire and help lead project managers, encouraging their best ideas and efforts; provide decisive leadership while emphasizing a collaborative relationship throughout the organization and with the network of affiliates.
- Advance the company's application of green building practices.
- Assist the Managing Director, Development with administrative work generated from the practice group, participate in the development of the work, match work with skill sets among staff, and review drafts and provide outlines, information, direction, etc.
- An established record of success as a project leader, having completed at least three substantial development project s, including significant experience with for-sale housing and condos, and demonstrated ability to lead complex public/private development partnerships. Experience with mixed-use, retail and office projects also preferred.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in real estate development.
- Thorough understanding of affordable housing development projects, including overall deal structuring, land planning, the entitlement process, finance, design and construction management.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written), and the ability to represent the Jonathan Rose Companies to a broad spectrum of audiences and environments.
- Understanding of community redevelopment.
- Knowledge of Smart Growth principles and green building.
- Master's degree in real estate development, planning, engineering or architecture and/or master's degree in business administration is preferred.
Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications. Excellent benefits provided.
Jonathan Rose Companies has a deep commitment to diversity. We are an equal opportunity employer. Company policy prohibits discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, marital status, familial status, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status. We support and promote equal employment opportunity, human dignity, and racial, ethnic, and cultural diversity by taking positive steps to eliminate barriers that may exist in hiring and in employment practices.
How to Apply
Send your résumé by email, or fax to (917) 542-3601
Please include the position title in the subject line.
We can only accept resumes in .docx or .pdf formats. You may also include a cover letter describing why you desire the position (optional, not required).
No phone calls please.