New York City Office
We are looking for a bright, motivated and personable AR/AP Associate to support the Accounting Group with various tasks and administrative responsibilities.
Accounts Receivable and Cash Management
- Deposit and post property rent payments for self-managed properties
- Prepare monthly billing for properties that are self-managed
- Deposit and post rent for our self-managed properties
- Deposit and post corporate receipts
- Ensure that all new leases and modifications are attached to our Yardi platform
- Manage lease charge forms and set-up
- Ensure that all tenant insurance certificates are uploaded to Yardi, kept current and logged
- Obtain new vendor W-9’s and manage new vendor set-up process
- Secure backup for corporate invoices, including but not limited to American Express, and suppliers
- Under the supervision of corporate accountant, match receipts to travel and expense reports
- Assist accountants with 1099 procedures
- Maintain contractor insurance log for current and future developments
- Ensure that all contracts include initial insurance certificates
- Assist the Corporate Controller or the Corporate Accountant in the preparation of management information schedules, spreadsheets and research as needed from time-to-time.
- Assist the Chief Financial Officer and Corporate Controller with ad hoc tasks as needed
- Assist in the production of the investments summary spreadsheets
- B.A., preferably in accounting or related field
- 2+ years of accounting or administrative experience
- Knowledge of Excel and MS Office software
- Attention to detail and accurate
- Well organized
Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications. Excellent benefits provided.
Jonathan Rose Companies has a deep commitment to diversity. We are an equal opportunity employer. Company policy prohibits discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, marital status, familial status, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status. We support and promote equal employment opportunity, human dignity, and racial, ethnic, and cultural diversity by taking positive steps to eliminate barriers that may exist in hiring and in employment practices.
How to Apply
Send your résumé by email, or fax to (917) 542-3601
Please include the position title in the subject line.
We can only accept resumes in .docx or .pdf formats. You may also include a cover letter describing why you desire the position (optional, not required).