- Chinatown Elderly is a 9-story, 139-unit Elderly Section 8 property located on the parcel adjacent to Archer Courts in the Chinatown neighborhood of Downtown Chicago built in 1978.
- The building has a reinforced concrete structural frame with decorative pre-cast concrete panels on the façade.
- The property is currently owned and managed by Prairie Management & Development. Later this year, Rose Affordable Housing Preservation Fund V, L.P. will acquire a 50% ownership interest in the property.
- Prairie is currently performing a renovation that includes major in unit renovations, upgraded community spaces, and MEP improvements in order to meet Enterprise Green Communities certification.
- The property currently benefits from a resident services coordinator, who will eventually oversee both Chinatown Elderly’s and Archer Courts’ service offerings.
Acquisition and preservation of an elderly Section 8 property located on the parcel adjacent to Archer Courts in the Chinatown neighborhood of Downtown Chicago.
ANTICIPATED ACQUISITION: 2021
Total Project Size / Budget